Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2009

Zambia..hoootttt

Soorry, for not writing for a long time. In Botswana it was difficult to access internet and when I could, the internet was sooo slow, I had to answer mails first and do other stuff.

In Windhoek not much more happened, we went for dinner with the group in a really nice restaurant and I could drink an Erdinger Weisse which was delicious. We had some confusions about the bill, but this would take too long to explain and it's boring anyway.

From Windhoek we moved on to Ghanzi which is in Botswana already. We were on a bushwalk there and it was great. I went for an upgrade (meaning not to sleep in a tent) and didn't use it at the end. The story is funny, we arrived in Ghanzi after an 9 hour drive everybody was exhausted by the time we arrived at the campsite. Our guide showed us these nice little huts they looked sooo cute and cosy (in daylight)..so I decided to go for one of these huts instead of building the tent at night. So the night came and the instects with it, and a giant ant as stroling around the camp. My hut didn't have a door and I'm petrified of instects as some of you might know..soo suddenly the tent seemed to be the better option and the Dutch girls and I went to get the driver to so we could get our tents. The driver was just laughing at us and so was the guide. But believe me I've never slept better in my tent then that night ;-).

The next day we went on to Maun and were we could get some stuff for the delta. Maun is not really nice but it was nice to be abble to get some drinks and stuff. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't change money in Maun because they wouldn't accept Mastercard at the ATM and there was no time for me to change money at the counter :-(. Fortunately, I could pay my water in the supermarket by Mastercard otherwise I would have been fu... at the delta.

From Maun we went further (by the way Maun is a town in Botswana) to our camp site which was greaattttt. We had a swimming pool a great bar and we had time to spend at the pool which is very rare on this trip. We spent one night at the camp site and were picked up by a truck the other day to go the okovanga delta. On Mokoros we travelled on the river to get to our camp site which offered nothing..no toilets no water..nooottthhinnggg. Sweaty and stinky we arrived at our camp site and set up the tents. We had time to relax and sweat a little more before we went for a game walk. It was great to walk in the wild and also a bit scarry because there were lions..we didn't see any though. We saw elephants, giraffes and some impalas and a half eaten impala up the tree, that was the storage of a leopard. We didn't see the leopard though.

Back at the camp site it was dinner time. After dinner our guides (the Mokoro polers) danced and sang for us. It was great. There is a little story about the toilet in the bush camp. Before going to bed I decided to go pee as we were in the wild I was a little scared but went anyway. There were four of us. So when my turn was I went to the whole (our toilet) and was ready to pee the instant I wanted to let go I heard something like an elephant or whatever. I was soooo scared I couldn't pee. I went back to get one of the girls and they were, of course, laughing at me. Anyway, not being alone helped to pee ;-).

The next day we walked down to the hippo pool and watched them having their bath. I was great, the noises they make sound like laughter and we joined them laughing. Back at the camp, Humpherey, our chef had breakfast ready, but before eating we had to take down the tents..We went back to the camp close to Maun for the last night in the delta. At the camp we were running for the showers and washed our filthy clothes. And then we headed for the pool of course ;-).

The next day we went on another long drive towards Zambia. We stopped close to the Chobe National Park for 2 nights and the day before yesterday we had another beautiful game drive. We saw loads of elephants, some buffalos, impalas and birrdsss.

Yesterday we left Botswana to come to Livingstone. Our guide was slightly scared of the Zambian boarder because where we crossed the boarder from Botswana to Zambia the Simbabwe people would cross too as well as the Namibian so our guide was expecting a lot of people and hours of queuing. However, it took only half an hour and we were through and off to Victoria falls where we spent 2 hours. I was soaked after Vicoria falls not only because of the falls noooo when we thought it couldn't be worse it came worse. It started raining...yes..So, everything apart from my camera was wet, soaked. It was terrible. All I wanted was to have dry clothes and a bed and a DVD player and a TV. But noooooo, of course there was no bed etc. However at the camp site we're staying now I paied for another upgrad 10 Dollars a night, a bigger tent and a proper bed was the offer and I took it gratefully. I'm sharing with Kate, she's Canadian and very nice and most importantely, she doesn't snore ;-).

Pretty much, that's it. Hope you had the patience to read it all and thanks for staying tuned. And sorry, noooo photos..T.I.A. shit happens.. ;-)

Keine Kommentare: