Freitag, 16. Januar 2009

still in Swakopmund

Guten Tag, here I go again..

I am enjoying a quiet day here in Swakopmund and for the first time on my travel I slept through, noooo snoring, because I am not with my tent mate in the same room...yiiippiieeee. Feels soooo good if you can sleep through.

Today I mailed some of my things back home. I just brought too much and had to get rid of some. That was quite an adventure. Yesterday, I organised a box from one of the shops, actually it's called "Pick n Pay"..hihihi, we had that in Switzerland too. Anyway, I went in there and asked if I could buy a box to wrape something but they didn't sell boxes. So, the lady at the information desk called another employee and told him to take me to the storage room. I went there with him and he showed me a pile (is it a pile? not sure in German it's a "Stapel") of boxes and told me to choose. I found the perect size and took it. Smiling I went out of the store, didn't have to pay a penny :-). And shall I tell you what? The box was an Aromat box...hehe, they've Aromat here. Isn't that splendid? Holy crab, did I have a laugh.

Yep, so today I went to the post office to send my stuff, but I didn't have anything to close the box I supposed they'd have something at the post office. Of course, they didn't, I mean T.I.A. not Switzerland although this town is soooo German ;-). So, I had to find tape to close my box. The lady behind the desk told me to fill in forms, close the box and come back. So we (Vishala was with me) went to the Municiple office to ask if they'd some tape. They didn't but one of the ladies told us to wait and took the box. While waiting I filled in the forms and by finishing it, the lady comes back with my closed box. Ah I tell you these Namibians are the BEST :-). So back to the post office. There I realised that I hadn't put the address on the box so I borrowed a pen from the post office lady and started to scribble the address on top of the box and my arm hurt and it was soooo annoying but I managed. So I gave the box to the lady and you know what she did? hae?! She taped my forms on top of the address I've written and the address was on the forms, so there wasn't any need of writing it on the box, but I did it anyway...holy crab.

Anyway, my stuff is gone now, so keep your fingers crossed it'll arrive at my mum's place.

That's all folks. Will write to you again in Windhoek where I'll be in appro. 2 or 4 days. And sorry, still no photos. Hope, I'll be lucky in Windhoek

Keine Kommentare: