Donnerstag, 15. Januar 2009

arrived in Namibia been to the desert

Hello everybody, I decided to write my blog in English because of the "oes" and "aes".

Sorry, there are still no photos but unfortunately, here again, it is not possible to upload some. Hopefully in Windhoek I'll have a chance.

We've left Cape Town on the 10th January and arrived in Namibia the 12th January. Since then we've travelled a lot. In Cape Town we've been to the townships, district 6. It was interesting although a bit weird to walk through the townships knowing these people have nothing and we're visiting their homes with our photo gear and nice clothes and everything.

We've been to a bed and breakfast located in the townships which was great. The landlady does a lot for the community and helps the local kids to get out of the townships. The bed and breakfast was very nice and was very clean. We've learned a lot about the community work the lady's doing.

From there we went on towards Namibia and stayed the nite on our first campesite which was very beautiful and run by a guy from Cape Town who was and overlander tour leader before. We had bbq there and did some wine tasting and, for the Zanzibar-girls fraction we had HOT water..jajajaja ;-).

On the second day we did a lot of driving and driving I was happy when we arrived at our second campe site. There we had dinner and a few drinks and a lot of fun because the others were drinking Jaegermeister (I was smart enough to pass that ;-). The next day a few of our group had a bad hangover, I wonder why ;-).

On day 3 we left South Africa and went into Namibia, we had to leave one of the group behind because he had a greek passport and the Namibians didn't like that. Poor guy had to go back to Cape Town to get a visa, he joined our group today again.

Some more driving was done on the 4th day and we had an early night because yesterday we went to the desert to visit Dune 45, which was great. I almost didn't make it to the second view point because of my bloody lungs....jjaaaa, I know shite smoking. But the view was great from the top of the dune, we saw the sunrise and I took loooooaaadsss of pictures..most of them I had to erase after but a few I kept.

Yesterday we had our first bush camp which means NOOOO shower. We're quite stinky today but the people from Swakopmund don't seem to bother ;-). For the next two nights we'll be staying at a hotel which is awesome and we'll have access to a laundry service and there a shower in the room and real beds and real blankets and cushions...juuuhhhuuuuuu. Lucky me :-).

I must say the camp sites up to now weren't too bad some of them even great. The only problem is I don't get much sleep, not because of the noise from partying..NOOOO, because my tent sharer snores..not even earplugs help..holy crab and I can't sleep in the bus because I can't sleep on buses sorry, on trucks oh whatever. Which means by now I look like freaking 50.

For everybody who's interested the group's great and I'm not the oldest and I'm the only Swiss and I already start to think in English and talk to myself in English...Unfortunately, there are no Irish on board, we've Australians, Canadians, Dutchs and one American and me. The tour leader is Kenian as is the driver and the chef is a human being from Zambia. They're great and the driver and the tour leader are teaching me Swahili which is brilliant...

Hm, that's all folks, for now. Might come back tomorrow but can't promise. Baadaye :-)

3 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Sounds great Regina!! I think yout snoring tent neighbour should sleep in the truck... hehehe... Badaaye, Bibi Regina

Regina hat gesagt…

Wird ihre das mitem Truck usrichte..hehe, guaeti Idee, die noechschte zwei Naecht schlaf ich zum Glueck noed mit ihre im glieche Ruum ;-)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Good way of explaining, anԁ fаѕtiԁiоus роst
tо taκe fасts cоnceгning my pгеѕentation subjeсt, which
і am gоing to conveу іn institutiоn
of hіgher еducation.

Heгe is my ωebpage ... buy a bucket truck
Feel free to visit my web page cherry pickers