Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009

Windhoek

hello, here I go again.

After spending 2 days in the Etosha National Park spotting game, we arrived in Windhoek. 2 hours is the time we have to do everything, using internet and do shopping.

The Etosha National Park was amasing although we've not seen many animals. However, we've seen elephants, giraffes, rhinos (not close but I could zoom them in with my camera), gemsbok, springbok, zebras and lions..juhuuu. I love the elephants they're great. They walk as if nothing can bother them and they're sooo cute :-).

The campsites were great we had a waterhole near by and at night we gathered around the fence and watched animals. Unfortunately, it rained the last 2 days as it is the end of the rainy season and therefore not many animals came to the waterhole. Anyway it was great watching them at night.

Not much else happened but there's one for Mr. Ken, read carefully ;-). On the way to Windhoek me dosing on the truck what do they play on the radio? hae? Bonnie Tyler..holy crab. I couldn't believe my ears ;-).

So, that's all folks. The weather is better here in Windhoek, no rain and a hot brise therefore I'll go and check out the city before I have to climb the truck again.

Oh yes, I've almost forgot. After spending two marvellous nights in Swakopmund without snoring, my tentmate snores even worse. She bought a spray against snoring but it turns out it makes it even worse. So, I'm back to 4 hours sleep a night and will look like shit by the end of this journey. I'm thinking about booking a spa holiday ;-). Bloody hell.

Again I can't upload pictures, so sorry.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Haha. Scheint als haben die dort mehr Geschmack als Radio Energy und Co. hier. I need a Hero!
Any snakes?

Regina hat gesagt…

no snakes...nur eine Tote haben wir gesehen