Sonntag, 3. Mai 2009

Back form circling

Jambo rafiki,

I was cruising around the island the last few days, it was great. I did all the tourist things: like trying to find the railway station in Bububu beach (we were searching for almost one hour to find out that the station wasn't that spectacular at all ;-)), a spice tour and wandering through Jozani Forest. I saw monkeys and even a kind of a crater, but this was more by accident.

Stirring the wheel of a car again after 3 months without driving was quite funny, especially because the roads here are quite rough. There are holes everywhere and sometimes you can't really see them and the car just jumps over them. Also, finding places on this island is not easy. We had to turn around a lot and asked a lot of locals about the way. Most of them couldn't speak English and our Swahili isn't the best but somehow we always got where we wanted ;-).

Yesterday we came back exhausted but happy :-).

Today, I booked my flight to Uganda. I'll be out of Zanzibar in one week. I'll keep you updated.

Cheers

Keine Kommentare: