Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2009

A bad day in town is still a good day in life

Yesterday was meant to be a busy day. I was woken up by the rooster Obama screaming for his wives. One of them still lives in our house. So I released her. Obama's voice is massive you must know and he only comes visiting during the day, which means he wakes me up at 6 a.m. usually. But yesterday he was intense. He wouldn't stop after Diana, the chicken was outside so I couldn't sleep anymore at around 7.30 a.m. I decided to get up and have coffee and read until it was time to go to town.

I was meant to meet Kjerstie at 10.30 a.m. in Cholo's at 10.20 a.m. I made my way down to Cholo's, half way down I realised I forgot my creditcard so I walked back got my creditcard and was in Cholo's by 10.35 a.m. so far so good. We went to the Dalla Dalla station and happely left at 11.00 a.m. for town. When we arrived in town we made our way, what we thought, towards Shangani (or however it is called the tourist district of Zanzibar Town). But we kept walking in circles and it started to rain, we found shelter and waited smoking though we were wet already but didn't want to get soaked. Fortunatelly, the rain stopped after five minutes and we kept on walking, on our way we passed by a Bureau de Change and I decided to exchange my TVC, because I was so happy to find a Bureau which would exchange them into Dollars (I tried to find one before) I didn't ask for the rate which was a huuuugeee mistake. They gave me the badest rate ever and I lost a hell lot of money. However, what can you do and eventually I'll get the money back in Switzerland I can always try. So instead of getting angry I smiled. As I had my Dollars now we decided to find Air Uganda so I could pay my ticket and have it issued. We found the office quickly and I happy presented my reservation. They found me, I mean the reservation, in the computer and issued the ticket. But when I wanted to pay they wouldn't take my money, it was too old. Fortunatelly, I had enough Shillings on me. So instead of getting angry I just smiled.

After having a quick smoke outside the office we decided to have lunch and went to an Italian restaurant. I ordered pasta and was pleased to see they had Parmesan. I was the happiest person in the world until my first bite of the food. It wasn't good, I couldn't eat it. So, I had 3 forks full and decided to leave it. After lunch I had to buy cigis so I went to the next stall on the street and asked for them. They wanted to sell them for a ridiculous price and I just walked off. They came after me and offered me a cheaper price so I bought the cigarettes. But when I opened the packet some cigarettes were already missing so I had to go back and exchange the packet. But still I didn't get angry I just smiled.

As we had enough town for the day we decided to call Khamis for a ride back as he was in town too. But when I finally reached him, he was back in Nungwi already so we had to go back by Dalla Dalla which we did. In the Dalla Dalla a local woman sitting next to me found it very comfortable to push her knees into my right tight during the whole ride so I ended up tired and bruised in Nungwi. But instead of getting angry I just smiled.

Back in Nungwi it was time for the famous Cholo's mixed juice so we went down to the bar again. There we met Boss who decided we had to work and peel corn for him. Which we did. After sunset it was showertime I went back home and I was reaaallyyyy looking forward to that shower. But back home hamna maji (no water)...I just smiled ;-). Fortunatelly, no one is staying at the bungalows at the moment and they had water so Khamis offered I could shower there which I did. He made my day.

Because the day wasn't really good I found I had the right to get drunk and went down to Cholo's again. I hadn't really eaten up till then and went over to the chef Charles and told him he should surprise me with something. I must mention I started to eat seafood at the island. So, when dinner finally arrived I had 5 prawns on my plate. Unfortunatelly, I still don't eat prawns. I can't stand the smell and think they look disgusting. So, I forced myself to eat at least 3 of them and left the rest on the plate.

It was time for a drinking game, but I couldn't play because Boss had some urgent matters to discuss with me, which were a marriage proposal and the plan to introduce me to his father. He will sure like me, Boss said....Ehe, I thought. I had to escaped and went over to the bar. Where Fabian offered me to carry me home later, because I was already drunk. I ordered another Killi and went to Bam Bam with Kjerstie where we played pool. Of course, I lost...It was time to go home. So, I went back to Cholo's and asked Fabian about that offer of carrying me. But he didn't want to go home so he asked Karim to drive me. Unfortunatelly, Karim was terribly drunk and the ride home wasn't pleasant at all.

Anyway, I'm still alive and had the funniest bad day in my life. It was great after all and I laughed a lot. That's why a bad day in town is still a good day in life and believe me, laughing is so much better than anger ;-).

That's all folks, hope you enjoyed my bad day. Stay tuned.

Keine Kommentare: