Samstag, 16. Mai 2009

Thank you Australia

Jambo

I'm back from Murichson Falls. It was o.k. I could have spent my money better but anyway everything happens for a reason so I'm sure there was a reason for me travelling to these falls and back.

My group..hm, my group, was a group not even really a group but people travelling together. I had 5 American girls in my group and they made me fell like being in a bad movie. It was like watching 90210 but not really watching it, no, being part of it. Of course I wasn't cool enough and young enough to be part of the cool kids so I was kind of a loner. Although I always thought I was nice and if I want to, can be funny too, but they didn't approve of me. So, I didn't approve of them either. They were just stupied, spoiled chicks, to be honest. Fortunatelly, there were two nice people on my group as well. Emily and David and they somehow safed my trip. They were really nice. And fortunatelly, there was another group travelling with us too and the people from this group were very funny and accepted the uncool kids in their group ;-).

The falls were falls but not very impressing. If any of you've seen the Rhinefall you'd be more impressed by the Rhinefall. I've seen Vicfalls before the Murchison Falls for me the Murchison falls seemed to be some kind of a joke. The walk to the falls was nice though and the cruise on the Nile was relaxing and interesting. I saw a lot of Hippos and Corcodiles and learned some new things about these animals. The game drive we did wasn't as good as I expected it to be because I was spoiled by the Serengheti and other safaris I've done before. So, I wasn't too impressed by seeing giraffes and elephants but I was impressed by seeing lions chase a warthog.

So now you'll ask yourself why the hell I'm thanking Australia in my title. It's because the last 4 months the Australian almost always safed my trips. On the overlander it were the Australians bringing life into the group and making us laauugghhh a looooottt and here in Uganda it is Greg and Megan being nice to me and making me laugh. That's why, thank you Australia for sending all these nice people abroad :-).

And today I've even more to tell. The question people ask me the most since I'm travelling is: Do you miss home? Here's the answer:

No but

I miss my mum
I miss my mum's dog and the way he goes ballistic whenever I turn up at my mum's place
I miss my friends, very much
I miss having a washing machine
I miss being able to play Kings of Leon's "Closer" on my stereo louuuddd
I miss my overlander group

And the second question is: Are you homesick sometimes?

YES, I am but only for a few minutes and this is mostly when I have to do something and which I think I won't be able to do it. For example knowing I'll have to catch the bus tomorrow morning to Butogota and being told by people that being on the bus in Uganda is the worst ever. That's scary and therefore I feel like running home to things I know and I know I'll be able to do, but then I tell myself, I'm not these people, I'm Regina and for them it might be a bad experience being on the bus, but maybe for me it's going to be the best thing ever ;-). That helps aaaa loooottt ;-)

Hm, that's all for today my friends. Stay tuned and I'll tell you about the busride next week and of course everything about the gorillas.

Take care :-)

Keine Kommentare: