Samstag, 25. April 2009

Back from mainland

Jambo, jambo

Sorry, for being so lazy the past days and not writing in my blog. Easter was great. On Good Friday there was kind of a party at Cholo's a lot of people celebrating. It was good. On Saturday there was a fullmoonparty at Kendwa Rocks which was great. Although, on Sunday I kind of regretted that I started drinking at Cholo's already and kept on drinking at the fullmoon party. At one point the guys made me drink water and this was the sign that I was completely wasted...holy crab.

On Sunday we had the impression that all people from mainland occupied Cholo's and all we wanted was some quiet place to hang out, so we had to walk faaarr away to another beach ;-). If I remember right I stayed in on Sunday night.

Monday was quiet again and I wasn't too sad about it. I didn't drink alcohol for 3 days, was still suffering from the fullmoon party.

On Wednesday was a party at Z Hotel, which was great :-). After that not much happened.

On Sunday I left for Dar Es Salam intending to stay there till last Wednesday. But it turned out, I would only stay for one night :-). I stayed at Dar Alive where a friend of Ruth's is working. It's a nice hotel at the beach of Dar Es Salam and staying there you wouldn't think you were in the city. Unfortunately, the room prices are quiet high :-(. I went there with some expats from Zanzibar and I knew these guys would travel further to Morogoro, Iringa and then some of them to Malawi. However, I wanted to stay in Dar and spent some time with Willy. On Monday though it turned out that Will was joining the others on their trip to Morogoro and as I didn't want to stay in Dar by myself I decided to join them.

Morogoro is a nice city close to the Tanzanian highlands. Its surroundings are stunning. I felt a bit like in Switzerland, with all the mountains surrounding this little city. We arrived Monday night and went straight out partying at one of the local discos. It was fun until 1 a.m. when the police came and closed the disco down...As some of us weren't tired yet we went hunting for another bar and ended up at the truckers meeting point just outside Morogoro. That was fun :-).

On Tuesday we rented bycicles and went up the mountains where we found a nice little coffee where we had lunch and went for a walk. It was gorgeous. I loved it. Although the bike riding wasn't really funny. The bikes didn't have gears and my bike definitely was too little for me, so it was a pain in the ... to travel up the mountain. Anyway, the reward was great once we reached the little coffee :-).

On Wednesday Will and I caught the bus back to Dar and I took the ferry back to Zanzibar. So, here I am again on the island.

Next week I would like to do another tour of the island, with a guy working here and then the week after I finally want to travel to Uganda :-).

That's all folks, for now. Stay tuned :-)

Keine Kommentare: