Freitag, 10. April 2009

Happy Eastern

In Zanzibar you tend to forget it's Eastern as they don't celebrate it here. If it wasn't for the increasing amount of tourist hanging around Cholo's you wouldn't think it's Eastern at all.

The last two days I had some excitment which was good for a change. On Wednesday I was invited to celebrate a Jewish holyday which was great, as I've never experienced a celebration like this before. It was a bit weird though being in a isalmic country celebrating the freedom of the Jews. It's called 'Pass over' if I understood it right and the Jews celebrate the liberation from their slavery days in Egypt that day. The celebration starts with a story and all guests must eat some bitter leaves to be reminded of the hard time the Jews had in Egypt. A lot of wine is consumed while the whole ceremony and after dinner and the ceremony we were all quite drunk. I was glad I could be part of it as I never really had the chance to be part of something like this before. I don't explain it to you further because it would take a long time. Anyway, I had a great evening at the house of the Spanish Dancer guys and that's all what counts.

Yesterday I went on a Easter-booze-cruise and as you can imagine was drunk afterwards. We set sails at 5 pm and sailed down to Kendwa Rocks and even further and back to Cholo's again. It was great. The guys were in their element and involved us in a lot of crazy talk while two hours. It was funny. Of course a lot of fishing was involved again and after telling Government the millionst time I don't want to be fished by him, he still didn't get it. Back at Cholo's I went for shower straight away and was back at the bar by 8 pm. And there it started all over again. It was fun and annoying at the same time :-).

Today, we'll try to have an Easter party at Cholo's, let's hope it'll be good :-).

Happy Eastern everyone and stay tuned

Keine Kommentare: