Montag, 1. Juni 2009

Jinja

Cheers les amis

I hope you're all well. I'm feeling very good. I'm still in Jinja and I still like it. Although I'll be leaving tonight, what can you do?

I arrived here on Wednesday and spent one night in town and went up to the falls on Thursday. It was nice and relaxing there. After spending two nights at the camp and playing looooooots of card games (and some of them I'll even remember because I wrote down the rules...yes, yes, yes..good girl mimi) and reading looootss of pages in my book Sergio and I decided to go back to town. So Saturday we were back at the backpackers in town. We spent the day walking through Jinja doing some shopping and mainly annoying the people from Zain communications. Sergio bought a Zain sim card last week in Kampala and till today he can't send any text messages which is slightly annoying for him but good fun for me ;-).So, we occupied the Zain shop and were very persistent and the women working there despised us. Because, we shouted at them, we were nice, we just sat there and stared at them, we called the customer care etc. etc. After 2 hours of waiting, shouting and staring we were informed that all the Zain numbers sold in Uganda beginning with 6 don't work for text messages. We were told to be patient and that the problem will be solved by 5 the next day..hehe, of course it wasn't. So today it'll be another Zain day ;-)

Saturday night we hit the night clubs in Jinja..clubs is good, the one night club I must say. It was good, the music was more like music I would expect in Southamerica but anyway we had good fun. Yesterday wasn't as funny though. My head nearly exploded and I was soooo tired. We had a group of Americans staying at our dorm. So, at 4.30 a.m. Sunday morning they came from the nightclub making noise and noise and noise..I just looked at them (as I'm very good at staring now) and they apologised, of course..so back to sleep only to be wide awake 2 hours later because then the whole group had to go to the toilet, one by one. Door open, door shot, door open door shot, door open door shot..one after the other..after 20 minutes of door banging I tried to go back to sleep again..but noooooo, at 7 a.m. the alarmclock of one of the girls went off. great...O.k. at 7.05 a.m. try to sleep again.but noooo 10 minutes later the phone of one of the girls rang and at 7.30 a.m. the whole group was awake including me, because they had to discuss money exchange and its problems..A really urgent matter to be discussed at 7.30 a.m. on a Sunday morning after being out all night ;-). So, grandma Regina got up at 7.30 a.m. to enjoy a nice cup of coffee and was hoping no talking would be involved..but noooooo, never underestimate the Americans (sorry, my American friends, I like you, you know that, but sometimes your countrymen are just toooo much ;-)) so, enjoying my cup of coffee including cigarette (which actually should have chased away Americans) hoping for some time of peace an American sat next to me. I'm sure he just wanted to be nice, seeing me sitting all by myself enjoying my coffee, he started to talk asked questions (my head banging you must know) and I grumpy as Grumpy the dwarf answered like "hhmm." "no" "yes" but it didn't stop him from talking...so, nothing with peace and quiet ;-)

Yep, had a tired grumpy day yesterday but today I'm feeling like being 20 again and am ready for new adventures. So watch out Americans, I'm coming ;-)

Stay tuned folks and have a splendid week

2 Kommentare:

mizme's mommy hat gesagt…

I still love ya! Hope things are going better!

Regina hat gesagt…

uff I'm glad. Yes, things are better. Without hangover and enough sleep the world is sooo much brighter ;-)