Sonntag, 28. Juni 2009

I did it my way ;-)

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
I've traveled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Jambo jambo

Today is my last day on Zanzibar. Tomorrow evening my plane is leaving from Dar Es Salaam. It's weird to leave but I'm looking forward to good old Switzerland.

Not much happened the last days on Zanzibar. One spectacular thing though happened 2 weeks ago. Khamis went to pick up Ruth in Dar Es Salaam as she came back from Switzerland and I was housesitting. Khamis left on Friday I think and everything looked great. The roof of the club they're building looked perfect and almost finished just the covers were missing called Makuti in Swahili. So Khamis was really excited and looking forward to Ruth seeing it all. But the wind is strong in Zanzibar as people say. On Sunday morning when I got up everything seemed to be o.k. The sky was clouded and it wasn't too warm but apart from that it seemed to be a pretty good day. At around 10 am it started to rain so I left my spot on the verendah and went inside to read my book and drink my coffee. I was reading when I heard a sound like thunder and thought..but I didn't really react by it because it was raining and I just assumed the sound was thunder. At 12 pm I checked on the weather and look outside my window into the direction of the club. I looked at the club and thought, something's very strange..and I looked again and realised the roof was down. Just like that the whole roof fell down into the club. I ran outside to check if the builders were o.k. and they were but everybody was in shock. No one could believe what happened and everyone was sad, standing there helpless.

They say it was the wind and the roof wasn't fixed well enough so it didn't take much for it to come down. Anyway, there wasn't much time wasted by being sad on Monday Khamis and Ruth were back from Dar Es Salaam and on Tuesday the builders started building again. Now the roof is almost up again and it looks much more stable then before.

That's the major news from Zanzibar.

Yesterday, I attended the beach party in Kendwa and today my head feels like it was 10 tons heavy. But I will survive ;-)

That's it my friends. My journey is over for this time. I'll upload pictures next week so you'll see a bit more of my travel.

Hope you enjoyed my blog..Kwa heri :-)

Keine Kommentare: