Samstag, 21. Februar 2009

One picture is better than nothing..isn't it

Jambo, my friends. I'm back in Zanzibar. Sorry for not writing for such a long time, but I didn't really have time.

Last time I was here, I was still with my group and from here we went back to Dar Es Salam. We spent a night there and had an early start the next day to hit the road to Arusha. In Arusha (Snake Park, Ken, you'd have loved it ;-)) we stayed for one night and said bye bye to our driver Sam. It was sad to lose him as he was our rock...

In Arusha my injuries started..from there on I was called nan. I fell in the shower and hurt my knee badly, couldn't walk and a few tears were spread. Yes it wasn't funny. But I tried to smile and bite my teeth and by the time we were on the way to Serengeti, the knee still sore, I could smile again. This wasn't the end of my injuries though. On the way to Serengeti we stopped at another camp a nice one, where we set up our tents and were happy, happy until we had to peel potatoes without peeler and without sharp knives. Very funny, I lost the feeling (s'Gfuehl in Swiss German) of my index finger, till now it is numb, I could handle that no worries, at least it wasn't sore as my knee, I just didn't feel it anymore. But it didn't stop there..nonono. I went to get stuff out of my tent and cut my right thumb, it bleeded as and wasn't cool as and hurt..bloody did that hurt. So, no feeling in the index finger, pain in the knee and my thumb felt like shit..and went to bed shortly after the dance of the locals at the camp site which was great...juuuhhuuu.

The next day we were off to the Serengeti, we lost our new driver though unfortunatelly, he got sick. So George, our tourleader was driving. He liked it..yesyesyes. He used to be a driver and I think he was just waiting for an opportunety to drive..hehe. The Serengeti was amasing, beautiful and we could finish the big five there, with finish I mean, we saw the one missing piece to all 5, the lepard. But more about the lepard later. First we saw 3 cheetas hanging around on a little hill by the street. They were beautiful and I wanted to take one home, but couldn't of course. Apart from that we saw 2 lazy male lions and giraffes and buffalos and apro. 7 female lions and and and. It was amasing as I said before. The night we spent at a camp site in the middle of Serengeti, we were supposed to hear the animals and even to be visited by them but, I couldn't hear a thing because my tent mate snored too loud and block out all other noises, not only me had the problem. I decided to plug in my earplugs and f.. the animals..holy crab...The next day my mood wasn't tooo good because I reaalllyyy wanted to hear the noises...

Anyway, we went for our last game drive in Serengeti and had lost hope already to see a lepard, when we saw a gathering of maaannyyy cars. Curious as we were we approached the cars and didn't really get what they were looking and until close to the truck the gras was moving and what did we see? A lepard just about 1 meter away from our truck. It was stunning, breath taking, unbelievable. Many pictures were taken and we were the happiest people in the world. But that wasn't the end. As we moved away from the spot, we approached another gathering and wondered what it was. Coming closer we realised it was a Lepard with a little one. The little one must have been appro. 5 or 8 months and was the cutiest thing in the world. We watched these to beautiful animals as they walked along the cars gathered around them. Evtl. we had to move our truck and we were disappointed of not being able to see more of the lepard but we were rewarded for the moving. As we stoped again, we saw the lepard and the little one moving towards us. We were excited and couldn't believe it. They came closer and closer and the little one crawled under our truck. The mum stood still in front of our truck, we could have touched it, and looked up to us. That was when we paniced. What if she jumps in the truck? We shouted> 'George MOOOVEEEEE' but he didn't and the lepard went under the truck and came out the other side followed by the cub. The whole truck was amased by what happened and we couldn't have been happier about it. It made clear how powerful these animals are and what little barrier there is between the wild and our truck.

We left Serengeti the same day and moved on to Ngorgoro.

The blog is to be continued, as I've to answer some e-mails. You'll hear more about Ngorongoro tomorrow or the day after.

Keine Kommentare: