Donnerstag, 12. März 2009

Pictures 2.





Jammbooo folks


hope you're o.k. I'm greaaattttt. Just came back from eastcoast Zanzibar where I was enjoying a few relaxing days without beach boys and maaassaaaaggeeeee women. It was fanstatic although after 4 days I started to miss Nungwi already and of course the talking, I didn't really talk to anyone at the eastcoast, not because they weren't nice just because I needed some quietness :-).

As you might have discovered I uploaded some pictures again. The first one are kids from the townships in Capetown and the second one is me in the desert of Namibia. Actually that's the spot where the cell with Jennifer Lopez was filmed. Don't I look exactley as she does? ;-)

So, do you want to know the end of my journey with the overlander? Sema? I have to finish it don't I? And then there is going to be Zanzi stories only and soon hopefully some stories from Uganda although I'm a bit scared to go there and find my way on my own.

Anyway, let's get back to the overlander.

After our last night at Snake Park we had to get up bloody early the next day and it was a sad start as we all knew this was our last day together on this trip. We had breakfast (my head bloody pumping) and they forced me to have scrambeld eggs although I rather hadn't. It was good though because after it I just felt fabulous ;-). Els on the other hand didn't feel well at all, pole sana. So we packed up our stuff and a lot of sad faces climbed into the truck. The journey towards the end began. We had a long drive to the border to Kenya, at the border we went through the usual procedure of getting our visa etc. I met a nice police officer who tried to teach me some swahili in the short time we were there :-). Funny things happen in Africa ;-). When all the formalities were over we went on to Nairobi. Where we arrived at around 4 p.m.
As I didn't really had a place to stay in Nairobi one of the group invited me to stay in her room as she had a single with 2 beds. I accepted gratefully and sneaked in her room. After checking in and unpack some stuff we went down to the reception again to say goodbye to the crew. That was the sadest part. And what do you reckon, did I cry? Ah yes of course I cried, when do I not cry if farewells are near? Bloody, I'll never change ;-). The rest of the group, except for Sauce, Nikki, the Australian girls and the crew went out for dinner this evening at Carnevore. And if you ever travel to Nairobi you should go and eat there, it's bloody delicious and I loved it.
I decided to stay for another night in Nairobi as Kate and Mike were there for one other day and I thought it would be nice to explore the city with them. And it was fun. We went to the animal orphanage where we could pet a cheetah, we went to see the giraffes and the house of the writer of 'Out Of Africa' unfortunately, I forgot her name.
It was amasing and I was very glad I decided to stay. Until the evening. As I took the room under another name as my own because actually no one of the hotel should know of my existence as I sneaked in, the people from the hotel called me the name I was registered to the hotel. And these people knew that me, actually the other me, was supposed to leave in the evening and had arranged a pick up. So they contacted the travel agency and the travel agency told them that yes I was booked on a flight that evening to London and that I was not to miss it....holy crab. So the lies begin. I told them that I've decided to stay for another night in Nairobi and go home the next day, that my friends will go with my transfer to the airport as they need one and I don't and on and on and on. They looked verrryyyy suspicious and I almost told them that everything was a big lie and that we cheated on them and that we were bad, bad people and will never do it again but fortunately, the receptionst asking all these questions left by the evening so we decided not to tell anyone what we've done. Mike and Kate left at around 8 for the airport and I waved them goodbye and went straight to my room and stayed there until the next morning when I had to go to the airport myself. When I checked out I had to sign the guestbook under a wrong name and as it was bloody early in the morning I almost signed with my name. But somehow my brain was working already and so even I escaped happy happy ;-).
I went to the airport and flew straight to Zanzibar and since then I'm here enjoying the island and the home of Khamis and Ruth. More news to follow, now I've to write some mails...samahani...

Keine Kommentare: