Samstag, 21. März 2009

Home alone in Zanzibar

Hippo in the Okovango Delta, we did an early morning walk this day and were delighted to catch some Hippos bathing

Mick and Loz on Australia day, the Australians tend to get a bit excited about their national day ;-). Anyway, it was a great but rainy day for all of us

Finally, the pool at our campsite near to Chobe National Park

Jambo my friends
I hope life is good to you wherever you are.
As you can see I've once again taken my harddrive to the internetcoffe and uploaded some pictures. And I found a total new feature, at least to me, and am now able to put subtitles to my pictures. How exciting is that? ;-)
If anyone wonders I am still in Zanzibar enjoying the sweet island life. Although it is a bit awkward at the moment. Ruth left yesterday to go back to Switzerland for 2 months and I really felt quiete alone yesterday evening. Anyway, now I getting accustomed to the fact I'm on my 'own' and it is getting better :-).
Not much happened till my last blog entry. Except for the departure of Ruth. Yesterday Maliki gave her a drive to the airport and as there's nothing to do for me here I went along. We droped Ruth at the airport and were very late but she made it to the plane anyway. I expected we'd go back to Nungwi straight afterwards but of course we didn't. After all this is Africa ;-). So, Maliki's plan was quiet easy, go to Starehe meet some friends of his and then go an wash the car and then back to Nungwi but as even Zanzibar town is Africa everything turned out slightly different.
So, we went to Starehe (a local bar/restaurant/club) and met Maliki's friend Cholo, had a little chat and were ready to hit the road towards the carwash. If it weren't for Maliki's phone ringing we would have been there by one o'clock. However, the phone rang and we were sent on a mission by Khamis. We had to pick up some booze for the bar and we were supposed to pick up some papers somewhere in town. O.k. off we went to the bottle shop first, you have to set priorities ;-). We picked up the booze and tried to call the person to pick up the papers. As we couldn't reach him we decided to clean the car first so we went to the carwash which was really a modern one with a lift so the cars could be washed on the bottom (hm, don't remember the word for 'unterseite' in English, samahani). We gave the key to the carwash man and went for a strole through the quarter. I was introduced to the local luna park and the local driving school and was told not to smoke while standing on a petrol station's ground. Yes, yes. Hours later the car was clean and looked as good as new and we were verrrryyy proud we could drive around in a clean car ;-). Still we couldn't reach the paper person so we contacted the boss and he ordered us back to Nungwi. I felt a little bit like 007 actually. Juuuhhuuu.
My plan was to enjoy an afternoon at the beach but by the time we were back in Nungwi it was 5 p.m. and I decided it was too late for the beach so I went straight home.
You must think I'm having just lazy days here in Nungwi but this is not enterly true. Since Ruth left I have some responsebilities and am taking them quiet serious. So, for example every day at around 6.15 pm the chickens have to be let inside the house as 2 weeks ago we had an ants invasion and these nasty ants tried to eat the little chicks alive so Khamis and Ruth decided to have the chickens in the house. Which is cool but means someone has to let them in. As someone has to let them out in morning and I don't mind doing it, my wake up call is a 6 am. Although this morning I set my alarm to 6.15 a.m which wasn't a good idea because the chicks were up already and you don't want to know what chicks on the run in a house do and it isn't anything you want to see in the morning ;-). So, after letting them out back to bed again and I got up at 9 a.m. had my cup of coffee and went to do the groceries at the local supermarket, which I think is great by the way. Back home I was just about to cook my second cup of coffee when I rememebered there was another task of daily duties on my list. The coffee had to wait and watering the plants was set in progress.
You see, I'm quiet occupied here ;-). It's good to have something like a routine here, otherwise the days pass and in the evenings you wonder what you've done all day. I can at least say, I let out the chickens and watered the plants and let in the chickens again ;-)
That's all folks, hope you enjoyed and you stay tuned. Baadye



Oooppss, this wasn't supposed to be like that...Sorry. Our hobit Mick in Chobe National Park Botswana :-)


Keine Kommentare: